Sunday, January 24, 2010

Prayers Needed

Happy Birthday to me and Brandi. This was our birthday celebration with the kids. The kids made us a Hannah Montana Birthday cake. We are sporting our HM wigs. Our kids love Hannah Montana. We went to the Miley Cyrus concert back in October. It was awesome.
My goodies from Brandi, Nate, Addi and Ty

Aren't these so cute. Sticky notes are from Target and Thank you notes are from Wal-mart.

Kenna showing off my Miley Cyrus brand clothes from Brandi. Yes, she got these at Wal-mart. Wal-mart ROCKS!!!

I am so proud of Kyli. The last 3 weeks she has made 100s on her spelling test. It is very hard being a 1st grade teacher and having a child that really has to work hard to get good grades. She tries so hard and it is finally paying off. She finally hit 20 AR points and gets to go to the AR store. Woo Hoo!!!
Isn't this so beautiful? I took these two pics out of the plane window on our way from Jamaica. We went to Jamaica in July for our 10 year anniversary.
God is such an amazing creator!
I am asking that each of you add Sam Bolm to your prayer list at church and tell your friends and family about him. Sam is the brother-in-law to my very good friend, Shay. Shay was an awesome prayer warrior for me when i had my crainiotomy back on Dec. 8th. She was actually there to support me and my family that day. She came into ICU and told me good bye.
Later that evening, she was back at Brackenridge because Sam was having horrible migraines. Well, he had a brain tumor. Sam was a couple doors down from me on the 9th floor. On Dec. 11th I was released from the hospital and Sam had surgery to remove his tumor.
Sam has a brain tumor, tumor on neck and the cancer has spread to his lung. He is being treated at MDA in Houston. Today at church our Pastor, Rodney McGee, asked everyone to raise a hand to God while he prayed for Sam's full recovery. It was so emotional. Everyone was sobbing.
The last two weeks at church we have been studying the book of James. It is so fitting for those that are struggling right now. If you have time please read James 1 2-27.
It starts like this...Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything...
On another note......I was also touched at church today by many of the Haitan children that are orphans. It made me weep thinking about all the lonely children and began asking myself..."what if this was my child," "would someone come and take care of my girls." I feel that God gave me a 2nd chance in my healing, why can't i help a child in his/her healing. Chris and I talked about taking in an orphan temporarily. I am going to a meeting tomorrow night to get more details. I ask that God guides Chris and I through this discision. Please pray for Chris and I in the decision we make. The organization has so many details to iron out that there is a possiblity that this may not even happen.









3 comments:

  1. Oh how I hope you get a Haitian baby. I will come and give that little bambino some love!!!!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW SANDI! Praise God! I will pray for Sam, thanks for sharing. Your positive spirit and outreaching hand are so admiring. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi,

    I will definitely keep you in my prayers... I to feel so bad about the situation in Haiti, I actually just wrote a post about it last night too...my Husband suggested to me on Friday that maybe we should think about adopting an orphan, but I know it is almost impossible to do so, even as bad as the situation is there.. I have not heard about a fostering program, I would love to hear more when you get the details...I will also keep your friend in my prayer.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete