Wednesday, December 8, 2010

One year surgery anniversary

This may sound a little crazy but today I wanted to celebrate my brain surgery! It was so crazy leading up to the surgery but I would do it all over again because it made me a new person. I feel great! My eyes, headaches and balance are so much better but the biggest thing is my faith in God. I totally believe that God was in control of the whole Chiari Malformation. This incredible journey the past year has made me wiser, stronger, thankful and more faithful to God. I try my best not to take things for granted. I am fortunate that I was able to be cured and this was not life threatening because it was so successful. If I had not found Dr. Kemper there is no telling how bad my health would be right now. I think of Sam Bolm all the time and his brain surgery to remove a tumor. He was brought in the night of my surgery and he lost his battle with cancer in May. His Sister-in-law is my bestie, Shay. It just breaks my heart for the family and their suffering. I feel that Sam and I had this connection somehow. I guess because we both now how scary it is to have our brains operated on. Chris and I were pretty emotional at Sam's funeral. I guess I was just thinking that could of been me if something would have gone wrong.

Larry, Chris, me and Sophie
Shay, me, Brandi and Sophie
Sophie helping me walk two days after the surgery



Chris-the BEST

I am so thankful for my hubby. He took such good care of me the weeks to follow the surgery. Taking care of my for the first week was almost like taking care of a newborn. We was up all through the night to get me comfy in the recliner and get me a new ice pack and fill me up with some good meds.
The day before the surgery was awful with all the testing and things going wrong that I nearly talked myself out of the surgery. Then when I woke up at 3:30 the day of the surgery and peace filled my body. I knew it was God telling me that He is right there with me and he would not let anything happen to me.
And once again, God took care of me!
I would love to share my whole story about Chiari, horrible S&W insurance, deciding I was not having surgery, Chris telling me he didn't want me to kill his family because my eyes were so bad, switching insurance, etc. but I would take forever.
I am a Conqueror of fear and Chiari Malformation!
When I was release from my nuerosurgeon in September my pastor sent me this scripture,
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28
Happy Surgery Anniversary! It is a day that changed my life(for better) Forever!




4 comments:

  1. Dude, I"m digging your chongas...fabulous!!! I can't believe it's been a year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. =*****( I have tears!!! I too am so thankful for your successful surgery! You are a true testimony and such a cheerleader! Praise the Lord for your healing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! U have a great attitude, no doubt your faith has played a big role in your healing! I just had my two year anniversary - have a merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete