Tuesday, September 27, 2011

God's Blessings

Today I found out that I didn't pass my ESL test. I was three points shy of passing it. UGH! So I immediately boo hoo and sob the rest of the day when I was by myself or talking to my friends/co-workers. I felt like the stupidest person on earth. Then I began to question God on why he didn't answer my prayers. I have been praying for a month about this test. I have been praying for wisdom, knowledge and confidence in myself to pass this test. I have also been praying so long for rain. I kept on thinking that God doesn't hear my prayers. If he hears me, why can't he answer them. After I got home and realized I was just caught up in the moment and that God has answered so many of my prayers in my life that failing a test and no rain in this drought has no comparison what God has done for me. And, failing a test is nothing compared to what others are going through right now!
God has......
blessed me with an amazing childhood and family,
blessed me with an amazing, handsome, Christian husband,
blessed me with an education (with no debt thanks to my parents),
blessed me when he gave me two beautiful, healthy girls(even thought I wanted at least one boy),
blessed me with amazing friends,
blesses me every day when I teach 21 first grade students,
blessed me with Raider this summer and helped heal my broken heart from Spankie,
and
he fixed my brain on December 8, 2009 when most neurosurgeons said it couldn't be done and was too dangerous! With God anything is possible!

The list could go on forever on all my answered prayers. The devil got a hold of me today and made me question God. The crazy thing is, as soon as I got home it started pouring down rain. Another prayer answered. I'll keep on praying to pass that stinkin test!
I know that "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13




4 comments:

  1. God also blessed u w the best sister/twinkie ever!!!!!!!!!! U will pass that test!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brought tears to my eyes. We all go through this at times. So glad that God brought you out of that thought! =))))) You will pass that test and uh...I hate tests too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh...chin up girlie! Sounds like you have a lot of wonderful blessings in your life! I know you will rock that stinkin' test next time! Darn thing! Ha! You seem like such a wonderful person...hope your today is better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 points away? You will definitely pass next time! On those tests you have to think like classrooms are the perfect world! It has nothing to do with how smart you are! :) I'm sure you'll do great next time!

    ReplyDelete